ACEDC is a 501(c)(6) member-based, private, not-for-profit corporation. The corporation is governed by a 董事会 elected by the member 企业 and organizations.
ACEDC activities are made possible, 在某种程度上, by a grant from the State of Vermont through the Agency of Commerce and Community Development. Loan programs are made possible by USDA/Rural Development.
ACEDC is an equal opportunity service provider and lender, with all services and funds available on a non-discriminatory basis.
The mission of the Addison County Economic Development Corporation is to create an entrepreneurial and innovative environment, 培育企业启动, 成长, 并蓬勃发展.
ACEDC is dedicated to helping Addison County 企业 from all backgrounds, 在所有阶段, in all sectors and size to 成长 and create good-paying jobs. We offer services to individual business, 协助企业团体, and work with business associations. 我们还与当地企业合作, 区域, 状态, and federal partners to advance community and economic development in the County.
ACEDC serves Addison County by providing the following:
- General business, non-profit, and municipal Information and resource distribution and referral
- 全面的指导, 技术援助, and advice to facilitate business/commercial and community 成长th, 包括:
- Individualized assistance and referrals
- Business plan and projection preparation
- Business expansion and relocation services
- Site selection services and property tours
- 格兰特研究, 写作, 应用程序, and administration on behalf of partners, 项目, 这个地区
- Exposure to venture and equity capital
- Convene and partner with 区域, 状态, 全州, and federal partners to advance community and economic development
- Connections to local, 区域, 状态, and federal officials
- Business advocacy 区域ly, in Montpelier, and with Congressional Delegation
点击 在这里 for a list of specific services offered to all Addison County 企业 and services offered exclusively to members.
如ACEDC章程所述, the corporation was formed for promoting the common business and economic interests of commercial enterprises in Addison County.
The purpose of this corporation is:
- To promote the sound economic development of the Addison County area, consisting of all the municipalities in Addison County, 除了格兰维尔和汉考克, 并与联邦政府合作, 状态, 地方政府, 佣金, 私人组织, 企业, and private individuals to obtain that goal;
- To coordinate public and private efforts directed toward the expansion, 保留, 吸引力, 鼓励, 融资, and development of desirable private industry in Addison County; and to assist 企业 in dealing with governmental agencies, 佣金, 和董事会, to expedite the compliance with federal, 状态, 以及地方法规;
- 培养, 鼓励, and assist in the physical location of new 企业 and expansion of existing business enterprises within the area;
- To 鼓励 and help the agri-business community through all available avenues;
- To cooperate with existing local development groups to attain mutual objectives;
- To accept financial support and enter into 融资 arrangements for the furtherance of ACEDC’s objectives, as prescribed by the By-Laws; and
- To perform any other lawful act appropriate to the furtherance of the corporate purpose.
The Addison County Economic Development Corporation (ACEDC) was officially chartered on November 8, 1991年的501(c)(6), not-for-profit Vermont corporation. ACEDC evolved out of Addison County 区域 economic development activities that formally began with the chartering and start-up of Otter Creek Development Corporation (OCDC) in 1985. OCDC represented all Addison County towns, with the exception of Hancock and Granville. ACEDC was initially a wholly owned subsidiary of the Addison County Chamber of Commerce. It became a freestanding corporation in July 1994 and is now one of 12 independent 区域 development corporations throughout Vermont.
In 1993, ACEDC was one of five 区域 development corporations to receive a $200,000 grant to create a Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) for Addison County 企业. ACEDC has since been the recipient of additional USDA/Rural Development loan funds in 1995, 1998, 2009, 和2021年. ACEDC已经贷款超过5美元,000,000 to 120 项目 to support business creation, 成长th and expansion and to retain and create hundreds of jobs. These loan funds continue to revolve to support new start-ups and business expansion.
ACEDC also received a special 状态 appropriation for a Champlain Bridge Loan Fund to support 企业 that were negatively impacted by the closure of the Champlain Bridge on October 16, 2009. All except one of those loans are closed.